Resources for Our Cub Scouting Activities
- Most kids didn't wear uniforms
- Dads slept in sweat pants, or didn't change.
- Most kids didn't change clothes for bed.
Cub Scout Camp Independence
- Be sure to bring backpack for Dad, Cups, Canteens, Playing Cards
- Didn't use beach shoes
- Be sure to close tent every day due to sudden rains.
Photos from 2002
and from 2001
and from previous years.
Click here to see a photo-collage.
- The houses have dryers, tv's and video players, wood stoves and
- Some dads brought evening snacks and videos for the kids to watch late
in the evening.
- About 22 people per house (10 cots in the large basement room, about
6 in the other basement room).
- To get one of the bedrooms - register as soon as the program is
- Extra showers are in the main events center - a short walk down the
- Bring your snow tube and sled (if snow)
- Be prepared for lots of outdoor activities and lots of walking between
- Activities include (depending on the weather):
- Bb guns to target shoot
- Ice skating (on a very rough lake; skates provided but bring
your own if you have them)
- 2-man log sawing
- Snow tubing (with a nice bump at the very bottom!)
- Cross country skiing
- Frisbee Golf